Dallas (pronounced or ) is the third-largest city in the state of Texas and the ninth-largest in the United States. The city covers 385 square miles (997 kmē) and is the county seat of Dallas County.^ As of 2005, U.S. Census estimates put Dallas at a population of 1.2 million. The city is the main cultural and economic center of the 12-county Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area--at over 5.8 million people, it is the fifth-largest metropolitan area in the United States. Dallas is recognized as a world-class city by the Globalization and World Cities Study Group & Network.^
- The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza411 Elm Street, Suite #120, Tel. (214)747-6660 or toll-free: 888-485-4854, fax (214)747-6662. Open daily from 9am - 6pm. An unfortunate part of Dallas' history is that it is the site of the assassination of President Kennedy. The Texas Book Depository is the site where shots were fired by Lee Harvey Oswald, and the museum is located on the sixth floor of the same building. It is an incredibly moving experience with videos, full-wall descriptions and photographs, along with artifacts from the event. Even with repeat visits, there is always something new and interesting to see. For an alternative viewpoint see the Conspiracy Museum below.
- The Conspiracy Museum This museum presents alternative information regarding the conspiracies around JFK's assassination, Lincoln's assassination, and other presidential assassinations. The museum closed December 30, 2006 .
- Dallas Museum of Art, 1717 North Harwood St, Tel. (214) 922-1200. Open Tuesday-Sunday, 11AM-5PM, Thursday 11AM-9PM, Closed Mondays, New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Great works of art from eastern and western cultures, from all ages. Admission $6, free on Thursdays from 5pm to 9pm.
- Meadows Museum of Art
- Nasher Sculpture Center, 2001 Flora St., Tel. 214-242-5100, . This collection of sculpture provides a fantastic outdoor oasis in the heart of the downtown arts district. The Renzo Piano designed facility pulls in the surrounding light and energy of the district but does not overwhelm. The indoor-outdoor collection of renowned Dallas collector Raymond Nasher is truly astounding. Ask about the combined admission ticket to see the Nasher and the Dallas Museum of Art, located directly across Harwood St.
- Dallas Cowboys . Dallas' famous football team.
- Dallas Mavericks, Dallas' professional basketball team, plays at the Center, located at 2500 Victory Ave in Dallas. You can come to the games by your own car, by Dallas Area Rapid Transit (Dart), or by Trinity Railway Express (TRE). The ticket prices vary from $10 up to $240 for a seat very close to the action. In the 2005-06 season the team went to the NBA finals.
- Dallas Stars, Dallas' professional hockey team, also plays at the Center.
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens. Located along the south banks of White Rock Lake.
- Dallas Aquarium at Fair Park - Hours 9 AM-4:30 PM. See over 6,000 aquatic animals at this aquarium located on the state fairgrounds. Admission $4.
- Dallas World Aquarium, 1801 N. Griffin St., Dallas. Tel.214-720-2224, . More than just an aquarium, this unique zoo tour starts at the canopy level of a rain forest. Visitors wind their way down past many types of animals to find the aquarium at the bottom. Admission $15.95 Adults and $8.95 Children.
- Dallas Zoo, 650 South R.L. Thornton Freeway (I-35E), Phone: (214) 670-8443. Over 8,000 animals can be seen at this 97-acre zoo in south Dallas.
Nov. 1992 Dallas, Texas driving down Elm St to Stemmons
November 22, 1992 driving down Elm st. in downtown Dallas and getting on Stemmons Freeway....JFK RFK Kennedy Dealey Downtown Dallas
Stolling the aisles of Whole Foods Market (Dallas, TX)
, I strolled the aisles of the new Whole Foods Market in far North Dallas (Texas). Most grocery stores have become commoditized and thus, compete on
Dallas Texas Freeways I-45 & US-75 Through The City
I-45 North to Downtown Dallas where it Becomes US-75 North to the High Five Interchange....Dallas Texas High Five Interstate Freeway Interchange Driving
Dallas Texas High Five Freeway Interchange I-635
em 5! levels of traffic at this interchange north of downtown Dallas....Dallas Texas High Five Interstate Freeway Interchange Driving I-635 US-75
Bailey's Uptown Inn Dallas Texas Bed and Breakfast 75204
Dallas, Texas bed and breakfast in the hip Uptown neighborhood. Close to tons of restaurants and places to shop....b&b bed breakfast dallas texas tx
Dallas, TX: City Symphony
A dark and glimpse view of Dallas, Texas. I guess it turned out so bleak because of the music :)...texas dallas city
Herbalife Extravaganza 2007 - Dallas Texas
What an amazing time with 2 new products and amazing speakers!!! Can't wait for October University!!!...Health Nutrition Education
TRIPLE RACING ROLLER COASTER 1936 Dallas Texas
In 1936 the Triple Racing Coaster opened at State Fair Park in Dallas, Texas. It closed in 1946 and was replaced by the Comet which lasted until 1989
Lease Option Homes In Dallas Texas
Dallas Fort Worth, Texas area. Watch the video to hear why......owner finance lease purcahse option rent to own dallas fort worth texas
A Jewish Dallas, Texas
video shows the many things that Dallas, Texas has to offer for Jews thinking of moving here....Jewish Dallas Texas Vaad Hakashrus TDSD Mesorah Data Mesivta
Dallas Texas Freeway Tour
to downton via I-30 to US-75 North....Dallas Texas High Five Interstate Freeway Driving I-35 I-635 I-30
Take off from Little Rock Arkansas to Dallas Texas
I love take off and took a lil vid clip of my last flight....Little Rock Arkansas Dallas Texas Fly Airplane
Downtown Dallas, Texas including Dealey plaza and Reunion Tower....dallas texas dealey plaza reunion tower school book depository southfork ranch
The Davis Building Lofts Apartments Dallas TX
Apartments and lofts for rent Dallas TX....apartment for rent dallas texas
Axis Takes Dallas Texas
Axis Student Ministires Mission Trip To Dallas, Texas in July 2006...Dallas Texas Axis Sudent Ministries Northstar Church Missions God Jesus Love Kind Servant Awesome
Walking in Downtown Dallas, Texas
A small kinda blog-thing i made after leaving the latin Grammies concert....Blog Walking Thru Dallas Texas Latin Grammies
Piazza Siena Condos for Lease Dallas Texas
Tria Properties, Affordable Apartments, Piazza Siena Condos for Lease Dallas Texas...Tria Properties Affordable Apartments Piazza Siena Condos for Lease Dallas Texas
The Village Apartment Community for Rent Dallas, TX
The Village in Dallas, TX is a city within a city.....call 214.772.9300 for more details! Website: www.thevillageapts
Driving 75S to Dallas Texas
Driving into downtown Dallas...sorry new camera, still learning the settings!...I75S Scenery Dallas Texas Traffic Skyline Driving Tour Freeway
Nearest places of interest:
|Gerald J. Ford Stadium|
Cathedral Santuario de Guadalupe
Bank of America Plaza